Friday, July 6, 2007

Hearing From GOD

Today we will look at a way to hear from GOD, and, to listen to Him telling us to follow His rules. And, I will relate that to my addiction. And, I will also give some advice to ponder about throughout your day. Happy reading!!!!!!!!!!!!


Proverbs 4:1: Hear, ye, children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.

Meaning: GOD wants us to sti down and hear what HE is telling us through His word, and, through His instructions for our lives. He also wants us to understand that we must follow in the footsteps of His Son, Jesus Christ. He wants us to be perfect like Christ, but, if we fall, we must hear His instructions again, and, get back up and walk in the ways of Christ aagain.

My addiction: I used th think that I could do anything, and, not have to listen to what GOD was telling me, and, I would do fine. But, was I wrong about that. I needed GOD to tell me what to do, and, I needed to follow His orders like He was my boss. Any time I slipped in my addiction, I felt like I didn't hear His instructions to get rid of this addiction. I felt like He wasn't there at all. But, I did some heavy praying, and, asked Him to teach me to learn to listen to His instructions for beating thts addiction, and, I did. It took me awhile, but, I got used to listening to what He was telling me. I slipped up enough th realize that I couldn't anymore. So, 30+ days later, I am listening to GOD and hearing what He is telling me every time I want to give in to temptation. It's hard sometimes, but, somebody's gotta snap me out of this funk I get into sometimes.

Daily Advice: Learn to walk in the ways of Christ, and, to hear what GOD is telling you to do to beat this addiction. And, you wil feel better, as, I know I do.

No comments: