Monday, July 9, 2007

Not Changing Your Mind About Your Friends

Today I am going to talk about how to not change your mind about your friends once GOD answers your prayers about them. Same as usual: Background, verse, meaning, and, daily advice.

Background: I have this wonderful friend who I met last year about this time, and, we really got to know each other. This year, she, and, I have been friends for one year, and, it has been the happiest year of my life. Well, she, was dating this guy that all he could think about was s**, and, she came to me online asking what to do, and, we prayed to GOD about this. GOD told us that her boyfriend was having thoughts about s**, and, for her to dump him. Well, she talked to him about it, and, told him they were through, and, could only be friends. So, last night we talked about this and, came to the conclusion that she needs to move on and think about what's going on now. I had her delete anything that had to do with him, on her phone, email address, and, block him from contacting her ever. So, I told her to not change her mind about this, and, I hope that she doesn't.

Psalm 35:2: Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.

Meaning: What is said here is that GOD wants us to stand up, and, be able to ask for help when we need it, and, to not change our minds when we hear what HE has to say. HE is saying stand up, and, seek help from me, and, you will go with the knowledge that I have helped you. He is also saying that when we ask for help, and, prayer, we must always take what HE says, and, not change our mind about the advice given from HIM.

Daily advice: Come to GOD with your burdens about friendships, and, ask HIM what to do. When HE gives you the advice you seek, don't change your mind. Pray everyday for the advice you seek if you don't receive it right away.

No comments: